Sunday, January 3, 2010

Blustery, Cold, Sunday Morning

When I woke up this morning I looked out the window and I starting thinking.  As I watched the light snow falling, and watched it spin around in the blustery wind, I lay there in my warm, cozy fleece-flannel sheets, with my little dog by my side and I thought: 'how fortunate and grateful I am to be safe and warm.  I imagined how sad it must be to be homeless in this weather, homeless and alone.  I am so very grateful for what I have.  Sure there are some things missing, but all I really need is right here.'

Then I watched the CBS Morning show as I usually do and I really enjoyed learning about a girl named Dafna Michelson.  In the midst of all the crazy bad news that we are bombarded with, she travels the united states looking for good people doing good deeds for good people in need.  Awesome!

And last but not least, what do I do on Saturday when there is a 1/2 hour left before we close the store and there are no customers??  I wrap my boy Tango up in my scarf, he indulges me, and looks at me as if to say: 'make yourself happy, take my picture, uh huh, ok, now take this scarf off! :)'




No comments: