Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Sister Is A Gift

My sister lives in Pennsylvania, three and a half hours away.  Besides the times that we get together and play, she is always, always, always here in times of need.  My step-dad has been near death for the past week and finally passed away.  When we called Robin she appeared.  She is strong and she is the glue that holds us together.  She is calm and she is smart and she is wise and she bridges all the gaps.  I'm the loud, and impatient sister.  I want my mom to get to the point and my sister allows my mom to get to the point when she's ready.  I do better when I'm working, not so good sitting by someone's side as they slip away.  My sister can do that, and she does.  We do this interesting dance of she doing what she does best and I doing what I do best.  My sister is such a gift, words cannot express how much I love her and how much I admire her and how much I appreciate her.  My sister is a gift. 

No comments: