Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cookie Party

So I was talking to my sister earlier this week.  She told me about a party that my grandnephew and grandniece went to.  A friend of my sister's had a "Cookie" party.  It was about 9 or 10 kids, 17 or so recipes, and my sister's friend had all the different cookie dough's made so that when the kids came, they rolled out the dough and cut out their cookies with cookie cutters and then decorated them etc.  Then, when the cookies were done, the kids had to grab a name out of a basket full of names, older people that they knew, disabled people, etc.  They wrapped up cookies for not only themselves, but for the person or persons whose name they picked.  Then, the next day, my sister, took my grandnephew and grandniece to deliver the cookies!  All the other kids and their significant others took them to the people whose name they picked!!  Imagine the smiles and the warm hearts..........all because of a good idea and some cookies :)

No comments: