Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Goodbye Herache

My step-dad passed away today.  We had an interesting relationship to say the least.  Suffice it to say, it was a relationship consisting of a lot of the drama that is inherent in some step-dad/step-daughter relationships.  That aside, I will always be grateful to Herache for this.......my own father was sick and dying from Cancer when I was 18.  My dad could no longer take care of himself and Herache agreed to let my dad come live with us.  My sister and my mom and I took care of my dad until the day he passed away.  Herache didn't have to agree to that, and I will forever be grateful to him that he did.  He allowed for my dad to pass away with dignity.  Today I am reminded of that and grateful for that, and I am grateful that Herache is no longer suffering.  Goodbye Herache.

No comments: